In 2023, the SuperContest Classic again features 11 in-season bonuses in addition to paying out the Top 20 overall places at the end of the NFL regular season with a $1,000 entry fee, no rake (100% payback) and an increased 7-entry limit this year. The SuperContest is well-known for allowing entrants to pick five NFL sides every week over the course of the season. Over the course of the season, the Westgate will pay out the Top 3 places ($25,000 to first, $10,000 to second and $5,000 to third) at the end of Week 3, Week 6, Week 9, Week 12, Week 15 and Week 18. Then there will be an additional 3 bonuses paid out to the Top 4 ($50k to first, $25k to second, $10k to third and $5k to fourth after Weeks 6, 12 and 18. In addition, two more bigger bonuses will be paid out for the periods between Weeks 1-9 and 10-18, with the Top 5 earning prize money as follows: $75,000 to first place, $40,000 to second, $20,000 to third, $10,000 to fourth and $5,000 to fifth.
The Westgate SuperBook also previously added a high-stakes, winner-take-all version called SuperContest Gold with a $5,000 entry fee in 2017 (our client Stag Capital won it that year – see photo above). SuperContest Gold has all the same rules as the original SuperContest, including number of weekly picks (5) and deadlines. The only differences are the higher entry fee, 1 winner awarded 100% of the pot and limited to 1 entry with no in-season bonuses.
The SuperContest Reboot is another version limited strictly to Weeks 10-18 for $500 per entry with a max of 5.
Contestants can start signing up at the SuperBook on Saturday, July 1. The final deadline is Saturday, September 9 at 3 p.m. SuperContest Weekend is scheduled for August 18 and 19 this year as well, and you can win free entries during the festivities, including one from us personally! We will be hosting a special event for our clients on Saturday, August 19th in the Clubhouse, so email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
2023 SuperContest Classic Details
- Entry fee is $1,000 with a 7-entry limit and no rake (100% payback)
- Contestants must be 21 years of age
- Pick 5 NFL sides against the spread each week from static lines released each Wednesday
- Prize money for the season overall is based on number of entries and the Top 20 get paid out
- Eleven in-season bonuses also awarded after every 3 weeks, 6 weeks and 9 weeks (see above for more details)
- A proxy is accepted to submit picks but contestant must enter in person at the Las Vegas SuperBook
- You do not need to reside in the state of Nevada or in the United States to enter
- Sign-ups in 2023 start on Saturday, July 1st
- SuperContest Weekend is scheduled for August 18th and 19th
- Final sign-up deadline is 3 p.m. on Saturday, September 9th