In 2022, the SuperContest Classic features 11 in-season bonuses in addition to paying out the Top 30 overall places at the end of the NFL regular season with a $1,000 entry fee, no rake (100% payback) and 3-entry limit. The SuperContest is well-known for allowing entrants to pick five NFL sides every week over the course of the season. With 18 weeks again this year, the Westgate will pay out the Top 3 places ($50,000 to first, $10,000 to second and $5,000 to third) at the end of Week 3, Week 6, Week 9, Week 12, Week 15 and Week 18. Then there will be an additional 3 bonuses paid out to the Top 4 ($75k to first, $25k to second, $10k to third and $5k to fourth after Weeks 6, 12 and 18. In addition, the two new bonuses for 2022 will be paid out for the periods between Weeks 1-9 and 10-18, with the Top 5 earning prize money as follows: $100,000 to first place, $50,000 to second, $20,000 to third, $10,000 to fourth and $5,000 to fifth.
The Westgate SuperBook also previously added a high-stakes, winner-take-all version called SuperContest Gold with a $5,000 entry fee in 2017 (our client Stag Capital won it that year – see photo above). SuperContest Gold has all the same rules as the original SuperContest, including number of weekly picks (5) and deadlines. The only differences are the higher entry fee, 1 winner awarded 100% of the pot and limited to 1 entry with no in-season bonuses.
The SuperContest Reboot is another version limited strictly to Weeks 10-18 for $500 per entry with a max of 3.
Contestants can start signing up at the SuperBook on Friday, July 1. The final deadline is Saturday, September 10 at 3 p.m. SuperContest Weekend is scheduled for August 19 and 20 this year as well, and you can win a free entry during the festivities.
2022 SuperContest Classic Details
- Entry fee is $1,000 with a 3-entry limit and no rake (100% payback)
- Contestants must be 21 years of age
- Pick 5 NFL sides against the spread each week from static lines released each Wednesday
- Prize money for the season overall is based on number of entries and the Top 30 get paid out
- Eleven in-season bonuses also awarded after every 3 weeks, 6 weeks and 9 weeks (see above for more details)
- A proxy is accepted to submit picks but contestant must enter in person at the Las Vegas SuperBook
- You do not need to reside in the state of Nevada or in the United States to enter
- Sign-ups in 2022 start on Friday, July 1st
- SuperContest Weekend is scheduled for August 19th and 20th
- Final sign-up deadline is 3 p.m. on Saturday, September 10th