In 2020, the Westgate Las Vegas SuperContest will add new quarterly bonuses to the competition, awarding prize money to those who finish in first ($100,000), second ($25,000) and third ($10,000) place. In 2017, two new bonuses had debuted paying out the top contestant(s) after the first four and eight weeks in addition to the Mini Contest, which paid out $15,000 to the contestant(s) who picked the most winners over the last 3 weeks of the season. Those will be replaced by the quarterly bonuses.
The Westgate SuperBook also previously added a high-stakes, winner-take-all version called SuperContest Gold with a $5,000 entry fee in 2017 (our client Stag Capital won it that year – see photo on right). SuperContest Gold has all the same rules as the original SuperContest, including number of weekly picks (5) and deadlines. The only differences are the higher entry fee, one winner awarded 100% of the pot and limited to one entry.
Additional previous SuperContest milestones listed below…
In 2018, the SuperContest started paying out the Top 100 for the first time ever.
In 2016, an 8% administrative fee began being taken from the winnings by the SuperBook, making the total pot worth 92% of total entry fees.
In 2015, the cash prize pool payouts increased to the Top 50 for the first time ever (Top 30 in 2014) and then jumped to the Top 100 in 2018.
Click here to view official 2020 SuperContest Rules.
Contestants can start signing up at the SuperBook on Monday, January 13. The final deadline is Saturday, September 12 at 3 p.m.
2020 SuperContest Details
- Entry fee $1,500 and contestants must be 21 years of age
- Pick 5 NFL sides against the spread each week from static lines released each Wednesday
- Prize money is based on number of entries and the Top 100 get paid out
- A proxy is accepted to submit picks but contestant must enter in person
- You do not need to reside in the United States to enter
- Weekly selections are due by 11 p.m. (PT) each Saturday
- Past winners have won $207K, $220K, $303K, $259K, $310K, $447K, $557K, $736K, $914K, $895K, $1.3 million and $1.4 million in 2018 and 2019
- Sign-ups in 2020 start on Monday, January 13th
- Final sign-up deadline is 3 p.m. on Saturday, September 12th